Munich is the capital and the most populated city in the German state of Bavaria, on the banks of River Isar north of the Bavarian Alps. Munich is also the third largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hamburg, and the 12th biggest city of the European Union, with a population of around 1.5 million. The Munich Metropolitan Region is home to 6 million people.
The city is a major centre of art, advanced technologies, finance, publishing, culture, innovation, education, business, and tourism in Germany and Europe and enjoys a very high standard and quality of living.
Munich is home to many national and international authorities, major universities, major museums and theatres. Its numerous architectural attractions, international sports events, exhibitions and conferences and its annual Oktoberfest attract considerable tourism.
Here are five top sight for the Bavarian capital:
- Marienplatz: The historic city center with plenty of shopping, cafes, breweries and Christkindl Market
- English Graden: One of the biggest parks to hang loose or surf at the Eisbachwelle. There are plenty beer gardens to relax
- German Museum: a huge museum where you can spend days of experiencing science and technology with all senses
- Olympic park: build fpr the summer Olympics 1972 this park is still used for leisure, concerts, sports and many more activities incl. all-year ice skating
- BMW museum: Learn about the history of of this bavarian car and see historic cars and motorbikes including an original James Bond car
February 27th, 1900
Championships: 1932, 1969, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1980, 1981, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
German Cup winner: 1957, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1971, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2019
League Cup: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2008
German Supercup: 1987, 1990, 2010, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
European Cup: 1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013
UEFA Cup: 1996
European Cup Winners' Cup: 1967
UEFA Super Cup: 2014
International Cup: 1977, 2002
FIFA Club World Cup: 2014
75,000 (all covered)
58,972 seats incl. Business seats
75,000 (100%) since season 2005/06
Beer: Paulaner 4.40€/0.5l
There are 4 different categories for seats and one for standing. Prices range from 15€ to 70€
Tickets: Go to ticket center
Use the Autobahn A9, exit Fröttmaning-South (AS 73) or use the Autobahn A9, exit Fröttmaning-North (AS 12b) (only when travelling eastbound)
To/from Central station: Use the S-Bahn to Mareinplatz and change to U6 to Fröttmaning station (22 minutes).
To/from airport: S8 to Mareinplatz and change to U6 to Fröttmaning station (approx. 1 hour)